If you’ve been wanting to take a solo river cruise but didn’t want to pay an exorbitant single supplement fee, Riviera River Cruises has just the thing! They’ve just announced the addition of three new solo traveler itineraries in France, Germany and the Netherlands for 2020, as well as additional 2020 departure dates for four existing solo itineraries. On these cruises dedicated entirely to solo travelers, guests will enjoy Riviera’s five-star ships with spacious cabins and suites, fine culinary experiences and expert-led excursions without paying a single supplement.
“As interest in solo travel has grown in recent years, we’re proud to be the only European river cruise line offering departures exclusively for guests who are on their own – on these cruises, that means single occupancy in every cabin and suite across the ship, with no single supplement,” said Marilyn Conroy, Riviera River Cruises’ Vice President Sales and Marketing North America. “Guests will enjoy luxurious accommodations and fine dining while on board, as well as fascinating excursions into classic cities and lesser-known towns, all at an exceptional value.”
Riviera debuted solo traveler itineraries on the Danube and Rhine Rivers in 2018 in recognition of increasing demand for solo cruises. It has since added new itineraries and departure dates on a regular basis. In 2020, seven solo traveler itineraries will be available.
The new solo traveler itineraries are:
- Amsterdam, Kinderdijk & the Dutch Bulbfields River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Five days starting at $1,389 per person, with a departure on March 30.
- The Seine, Paris & Normandy River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Eight days starting at $2,959 per person, with a departure on March 31.
- Medieval Germany River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Eight days starting at $2,999 per person, with a departure on Oct. 24.
Other solo departures include:
- The Blue Danube River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Eight days starting at $2,079 per person, with departures on March 30, April 3 and Nov. 2.
- Burgundy, the River Rhone & Provence River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Eight days starting at $2,679 per person, with a departure on April 2 and Nov. 3.
- Rhine, Strasbourg & Heidelberg River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Eight days starting at $2,459 per person, with a departure on Oct. 31.
- The Douro, Porto & Salamanca River Cruise for Solo Travelers: Eight days starting at $2,729 per person, with departures on Nov. 8 and Nov. 13.
The single-supplement-free departures aren’t the only option solo travelers have with Riviera River Cruises. Additionally, a limited number of cabins is available single-supplement-free on every Riviera departure throughout the year.
Riviera River Cruises offers 15 itineraries on 10 waterways aboard the youngest fleet of ships in Europe, with none older than six years. Riviera guarantees exceptional value, promising never to add hidden surcharges or fees, or to artificially inflate or discount prices. Riviera also doesn’t automatically include gratuities or drinks, so the choice is up to guests.
Interested in a solo river cruise? Get a quick quote here!